Center for agrarian systems research and development (CASRAD)
Who we are?
CASRAD is a leading research institution under the Vietnam Academy of Agricultural Sciences. It specializes in conducting research and consultancy services in agirculture including agricultural economy, rural economic studies; production diversification, promotion of indigenous products and local specialties; Famers organization’s (Cooperatives, collaborative groups and association) capacity building; participatory market-driven extension methods etc. for various clients in Vietnam.
We have built strong partnership with other research partners at provivincial, national, and international level such as World Bank (WB), Asian Development Bank (ADB), International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), Food and Agirulture Organization (FAO), DFID, Agricultural Research for Development (CIRAD) , IRD, International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) etc.,
What we can offer
We are providing trainings and consultancy services in:
- Value chain analysis and value chain action plan (VCAP)
- Developing production plan for Farmer groups and Cooperatives
- Post-training support to ensure that participants can apply the acquired knowledge in the practice.
- Researches on value chain (Production, markets, institutional policies)
- Develop and publish training materials for Collaborative groups/ Cooperatives
We have strong expertise in:
- Agricultural value chain analysis– Setting up Value chain action plan – VCAPs
- Market analysis – Building market information channel – sale channels and communication for Agricultural brand development
- Economic management for Cooperatives, Collaborative groups and Association
- Design business development plan for farmer organizations
- Building sub-project partnership / Publish-Private Partnership – PPP
- Establishment and development of collaborative groups, cooperative and association following the government guiding document (Cooperative law 2012, Decree 151, Decree 45 and Circulars 03)
- Financial analysis, investment efficiency – NPV and IRR in agricultural investment projects
- Branding agricultural products: Geographical indications, Certification; Collective brand, product labels, industrial design
- Livelihood development and sustainable development for value chain
You may want to read