VCB-N webinar presenting the results of Country Assessments regarding the Impacts of COVID-19 on Agricultural Value Chains
The Value Chain Capacity Building Network (VCB-N) initiated by an IFAD-grant will organize an exciting Webinar to share the results of country assessments on the impact of COVID-19 on agricultural value chains, implemented in a number of Asian countries in the APR as mandated by IFAD. The event takes place on the 17th of December 2020, starting from 14.30 PM Dhaka time (8.30 am CEST) to 16.00 Dhaka time (10.00 am CEST). In total, six assessments were conducted by VCB-N members in five countries including Bangladesh, Laos, Myanmar, India and Vietnam covering analysis of 16 different agricultural value chains.
Country-based Centre’s of Excellence, being VCB-N members, who conducted the assessments will share their findings with regards to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the selected value chains, analysis on the effects on different stakeholder groups including their livelihoods, mitigation strategies and reported needs for support enabling recovery efforts. Recommendations for designing more resilient and future proof value chains in the post-COVID era, will be also presented and discussed.
- 2.30 – 2.40 PM: Introduction: VCB-N, background of the studies
- 2.40 – 2.55 PM: Summary over-arching Findings, Conclusions and Recommendations
- 2.55 – 3.05 PM: Presentation Bangladesh – Innovision Consulting Private Limited
- 2.05 – 2.15 PM: Presentation India – Institute of Livelihood Research and Training (ILRT)
- 2.15 – 2.25 PM: Presentation India – Partners in Prosperity (PnP)
- 2.25 – 3.35 PM: Presentation Myanmar – EMPOWER Consultancy Limited
- 3.35 – 3.45 PM: Presentation Vietnam – Center for Agrarian Systems Research and Development (CASRAD)
- 3.45 – 3.55 PM Presentation Laos – Enterprise & Development Consultants Co., Ltd (or EDC)
- 3.55 – 4.10 PM: Final Discussion, Summary and Closing
We welcome you to join the Webinar. For registration, please click the button below.
You may want to read