Hi All!! We are looking for a consultant in Indonesia for the following opportunity! Please respond ASAP since the submission is due on 5th April.
The Government of Indonesia partners with the Government of Australia on an initiative to boost smallholder farmers’ incomes: The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Rural Economic Development (AIP-Rural).
AIP-Rural is a suite of programs that improves smallholder farmers’ access to new markets, better inputs, knowhow, technology, irrigation, and small loans. Its goal is to achieve a sustainable 30% increase in the net incomes of 1,000,000 male and female smallholder farmers in Eastern Indonesia by 2022. AIP-Rural operates in East Java, West and East of Nusa Tenggara, Papua and West Papua.
AIP-Rural’s four programs are:
* Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA)
* Tertiary Irrigation Technical Assistance (TIRTA)
* Strengthening Agriculture Finance in Rural Areas (SAFIRA)
* Applied Research and Innovation System in Agriculture (ARISA)
Strengthening Agricultural Rural Finance in Rural Areas (SAFIRA) is a three-year project that is part of the Government of Indonesia (GoI) strategy to accelerate poverty reduction through inclusive economic development. SAFIRA will focus initially on East Java, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), and East Nusa Tenggara (NTT). It is supported by BAPPENAS and the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) under the Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Rural Economic Development (AIP-Rural). The program will focus on agriculture value chain finance (VCF) to expand smallholder farmer access to finance. VCF is made possible by value chain relationships and mechanisms. SAFIRA will work with partner financial institutions (PFIs), small and medium enterprises (SMEs) (e.g. seed producers, other input suppliers, collectors, processors, other traders) and farmers to equip them with the skills and capability to engage in sustainable applications of VCF.
SAFIRA’s intention is not only to support financial institutions and other value-chain actors to utilize the available information about VCF and strengthen the institutional capacity in VCF at each level but also to strengthen the support system surrounding financial institutions in the guidance and implementation.
In 2016-2017 SAFIRA commissioned a financial access survey, SOFIA, similar to FinScope in methodology. The study looked at the demand side of financial access across 5 provinces in Indonesia. One of the intentions of SOFIA was to use this dataset to inform financial sector partners about the potential customer base so that they may adequately design products and services to meet their needs.
While SAFIRA has the raw dataset, the further analysis of the data to form conclusions that is across provinces, gender disaggregated and relevant for SAFIRA partners is still lacking. SAFIRA is looking for a consultant to provide further analysis on the data so that our partners can draw relevant conclusions from the results.
SAFIRA is seeking SOFIA Data Analyst (individual consultant or consulting companies) to support SAFIRA in developing a report from SOFIA dataset that would appeal and be a utility to Financial Institutions partners.
The report should include:
* Relevant insights (commercial value) for FIs to appeal to rural populations, farmers (men and women)
* Suggest means by which financial institutions might be able to bridge the gap to meet the needs of the market (with reference to value chain finance)
* Potential number of customers in agriculture sector as well as potential women borrowers (as part of the commercial case)
* Potential agriculture VCF product/ services for each types of financial institutions
* Risk matrix report associated with agriculture financing based on SOFIA result
* Provides market outlook and appropriate recommendation related to agriculture financing for policy maker in banking industry, financial institutions association and at Government level
The consultant will maintain coordination with SAFIRA Team Leader and Coordinator during the assignment.
Essential skills and experience:
* Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
* Experts in data and reporting review analysis
* Experts in report writing both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
* Minimum education is bachelor degree in economics, finance, business, agriculture, statistic, or other related discipline with minimum 10 years experiences
* Strong record working in agriculture financing issues in Indonesia
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
* Professional presentation and communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Expected Output and Deliverables The output of this assignment will be as follows:
* Deliverable: Due Dates 2018
* Develop design of data analysis and review 4 May
* Data and information collection 11 May
* First draft data analysis and report 18 May
* Presentation to SAFIRA team 22 May
* Final report 28 May
* Presentation to stakeholders 31 May
Md. Rubaiyath Sarwar
Research | Technical Assistance | Project Management
Innovision Consulting Private Limited