Chinese Government released National Planning of Quality-Based Agricultural Development (2018-2022)
The following news is conducted by members of College of Humanity and Development (COHD) at China Agricultural University (CAU): professor Yonggong Liu, doctor Yang Gao. Source from www.moa.gov.cn
On 18 February 2019 seven Chinese ministries, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs (MARA), National Development and Reform Commission (NDRA), Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Ministry of Finance (MOF), Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM), State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR), State Food and Strategic Reserve Administration (SFSRA), jointly released an official document National Planning of Quality-Based Agricultural Development (2018-2022).
The planning document addressed seven strategic areas and relevant countermeasures for improving quality of agricultural product and whole industry value chain, namely:
- Promoting and speeding up green development of agricultural sectors: optimizing the sectoral structures; effective use of water and land resources; rational use of agricultural inputs, including fertilizers and chemicals, and protection of ecosystem on the production sites, etc.;
- Fostering the standardization of whole agricultural value chain including production, processing and product circulation: developing value-chain based technical standards; introducing international production and quality standards; introducing the standards into production process, etc.;
- Integrating and optimizing the agricultural industrial chains: integrating production-processing and marketing; strengthening the market facility development at production origins; supporting the storage cool-chain facility construction; innovating the product circulating mechanisms and channels; promoting the new production structures, etc.;
- Promoting the agricultural branding system construction, i.e. developing the branding system; improving the brand development mechanism; strengthening and promoting the brand marketing advertisement; developing international famous brands, etc.;
- Improving and ensuring quality-safety of agricultural products: further strengthening quality inspection and quarantine system; reinforcing the quality law and regulatory implementation capacity; strengthening the quality risk assessment and warning system;
- Strengthening agricultural science and technology innovation, i.e. development of high quality production technologies; improving quality and efficiency of agricultural machines, facilities and equipment; applying high quality and high productive technologies; speeding up the application of digital agriculture technologies, etc.;
- Developing high qualified agricultural management and service teams: ensuring the demonstration and innovation roles of new agricultural entrepreneurs; supporting the development of innovative professional farmers; strengthening the capacity and competence of agricultural service agents and organizations, etc.