Job offer from VCB-N: NETWORK COORDINATOR (50% part-time, home-based)
1. About VCB-N
VCB-N is a Regional Value Chain Capacity Building Network (VCB-N) providing professional advisory services and capacity building on Value Chain and Market System Development (VC&MSD) in Asia and Pacific Region (APR).
Our Network has been initiated by an IFAD-funded project “Regional training network for scaling up pro-poor value chain programmes”, implemented by Helvetas Vietnam, in recognition of IFAD’s growing portfolio of projects with the mandate for value chain development in the Asia-pacific Region. This is under the context that there are significant gaps and variability in the capacities/competencies of implementing partners to effectively develop, execute and scale inclusive and poverty-reducing market systems.
The Network is drawing on experiences and expertise of Centre of Excellences (CoEs) from countries in APR including Vietnam, Laos PDR, Myanmar, Bangladesh, China, India, and Indonesia that specialized in professional training and capacity development on VC&MSD. We offer tailor-made capacity building and advisory services including development of training modules, hand-holding and accompaniment support, documentation through case studies and value-chain studies and analysis leading to positively influencing policies.
The VCB-N Network consists currently of 11 members from 7 countries and is growing steadily.
For more information, please, visit our website: http://vcbnetwork.org
We are currently looking for a qualified and committed:
NETWORK COORDINATOR (50% part-time, home-based).
2. Main responsibilities
Activity and budget planning and implementation
- Develop annual work plan including finance plan and propose to the SC for approval based on the general agreement reached at the network meeting, decisions of the Steering Committee and on the Business Plan and Charter;
- Coordinate with recruited / hired provider of financial services and network’s members to implement the activity plan as approved;
- Monitor and report the progress to Steering Committee;
- Organise network meeting, capacity building as scheduled;
- Manage a smooth operation of the network’s secretarial.
Business development and fund acquisition activities
- Build and explore business opportunities with the network’s potential clients/donors, play brokering role when service demand available;
- Inform the members about the business opportunities;
- Implement network’s promotion and marketing activities;
- Organise public events in coordination with network’s members for image building and income generation;
- Detect and look for proposal/biddings calls from donors on network’s relevant topics, inform members and take action in developing proposal
Internal and external communication
- Develop communication tools and maintain a smooth internal communication with network members;
- Manage an effective external communication with the network’s clients, strategic partners, donors etc.;
- Manage the network’s media: website, Facebook, YouTube…
- Plan and implement activities to ensure the quality of service delivery of network’s members based on the service quality assurance concept developed and agreed by the SC and in coordination with the network’s members
- Hire financial and accounting services to comply with financial requirements and oversee and supervise the provision of such services;
- Establish and oversee the financial system with the support from the external service provider;
- Monitor and report financial status to SC and network members.
- Operate knowledge management related activities;
- Improve/maintain the knowledge management system developed during the project time;
- Manage network’s database in: membership, clients/ donors, services, intellectual properties.
Other tasks required by the network management
3. Your personality & qualifications
We are looking for a team-player that at the same time is not afraid of taking initiatives and can work independently. The successful candidate should possess a strong personality and be at ease with the position of being “the spider in the web”. He/she should have a proven ability to work in different international contexts and various sectors (public, academic, private, non-for-profit). He/she should be able to convince and trigger enthusiasm.
- 5-year exposure to development cooperation in the field, preferably in Asia;
- Good understanding of donor/ client requirements;
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good understanding of the Asian context and culture;
- High level of independence and flexibility;
- Excellent managerial skills;
- Excellent command of English, another regional language is an asset;
- Preferably having experience in proposal writing/fund raising activities
- Prior experience in managing a network is an asset;
- Prior experience in organizing events/conference is an asset.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the Asia region (3 – 4 times annually for max. 3-4 days)
In the case of equal qualifications, the VCB-N will give preference to female candidates residing in one of the VCB-N member countries.
4. We offer you
A regional contract, 50% part-time with possible extension in the following years up-to full-time based on your performance and the need of the network. A competitive salary with room for performance-based growth (to be decided after 6 months inception). Work home-based with remote supervision and allowances for establishing and operating an office from home. A multicultural, dynamic and flexible and working environment, which values creativity, independence and learning.
5. Application requirements
We look forward to receiving your complete application including:
- Motivation letter
- CV with 3 references
Please note that three references are needed for shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be a combination of verbal and practical/technical exercise.
Please send your electronic application by March 19th to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org